Saturday, January 26, 2008

Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?


You know what? I think there's really no doubt about it.
I sure as hell would have eaten the damn apple rather than been bored in a life full of happiness and security. I don't really get the point of heaven, either. Eternal happiness, play your harf to death and that kind of crap. Boooring. Hell as well, not the most entertaining place to be, I suspect.
For all these reasons above I'd like to believe Buddhism is the real deal. I like the idea of being born again. Hah, the only problem would be achieving the most desirable goal - becoming Buddha. Alas, until then, you are perfectly happy about worrying about the famine in Africa.
Atheism is also pointless. It would be a little dull to shuffle off the planet and go into non-being, which means into everything. Cool, but dull.
I quote Chuck - "So far our generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual, in other words, our depression is our lives." Now that statement is bound to cheer up any emo kid.
I'll just shut up now. Talk is cold and burns like the sun.

0 comments: