Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush

So I've decided to make my scenery a little more cheerful. I mean, as cheerful as I can. I have no real material connection with the beautiful city background which I have chosen. Nay, it's rather spiritual. Out of thousands of skins I just had to pick this one and I can even give a decent explanation. I've always wanted to live in a big city with millions of fellow earthlings. This picture just shows how people are trying to find there way home on a cold dark night. People driving all around, going somewhere, going anywhere, going nowhere in the end.. Trying to find there way home, trying to find some peace at the end of the day to erase all their sins and have a decent sleep. It's reassuring to know that most people are lost as well. To know you are not the only one. It's comforting too have a peak at all those tiny cars, everyone fighting their own battles, everyone paying for their own gas, everyone depending on one another in the end. What I'm really trying to say is that the world is a beautiful place with all its melancholy. Another thing that fascinates me about huge cities is fact that there are just so many people are around you. The joy of walking into a friend is a million times as enjoyable as usual I suppose. Well, it depends on the person also. Wink wink.

I suspect I am going to do something rebellious pretty soon. I know it's pointless and dumb to rise against the system, but you're only young once. When I'm depressed and angry with myself I can remind myself the words of wisdom - life is too short to regret anything. I don't want to exist, I want to live.

Life has been pretty sweet lately. School was a bore on Friday, but nice also. The nice part about it was that we were finally given a break from hell. My report card was also pretty decent. Luckily I managed to mix up the date of our departure for Haanja so I discovered myself with no plans whatsoever on a Friday night. No cheesy plans, no pointless promises. The next thing I remember is calling every member of our volunteers club and talking them into coming to a evening soccer match. I hope everyone enjoyed kicking the ball and had some true laughs. I also hope that the people who couldn't make it will regret it :D I sure as hell had fun. I also got confirmation that the most simple things in life connect people. Like midnight football.

Come to think of it, the weekend was also pretty neat. We ended up carrying come wood in a pile and by doing so we made the scenery of lake Vaskna much more beautiful. Unluckily, the wood didn't want to burn. The weather wasn't a complete whore, but it wasn't that superb either. The best moment was when the sun came out, the man with the electrical saw played the accordion and we jumped in the huge pile of wood branches. I dived like a complete lunatic, of course. I had a really homely feeling at the kip that we stayed in. People were warm and friendly like they always should be. And the best news? I am still invincible at jenga (like I always should be).

0 comments: