Friday, May 2, 2008

The child is dead, the dream is gone

Think of a girl walking around somewhere in the city center. She has got very nice clothes, her hair is neatly combed. But that isn't the first thing you notice. She has a strange detail about her. She is caring a soda bottle with some daffodils in it. Of course, the soda has been replaced with water. But this isn't the first thing you notice. Tears keep pouring down from her face. She's in pain. This is the first thing you notice. But for some sick, inhuman reason you don't stop to comfort her. You try to avoid the eye-connection at any cost. You have your problems as well, you think to yourself. You are curious to know what has happened to you. Nevertheless, you just keep walking. Not my problem, you think to yourself.
And me? I keep walking as well. Until I can't think of anything anymore and I just become paralyzed. I walk past people whom I know from somewhere. I'm sure they would comfort me, but that's the last thing in the world I need. I feel that they are fake in a way. I do not mean to offend anyone, it's strictly my problem. They are not really fake in your world, just in my world. Eventually, I'm so hurt that I just stare at the road. Luckily one real person passes by and stops. My classmate. He asks me why I'm so sad. He is not phony, I tell him what's on my mind. He offers to wait for my bus. We talk. He is truly from another world, that is the reason he cheers me up. He doesn't talk much, but he's there. He cares. He is real. He understands.
The girl with the soda bottle filled with daffodils dries her eyes and gets on her bus. There is going to be many hard days like this, she thinks to herself. She also knowledges to herself that she needs to choose the people around her carefully. This is not a time for giving, this is a time for receiving.
I love people too much. I assume they won't hurt me. Maybe it's my problem. Maybe I'm too sensitive. A crybaby. Maybe I'm just naive, I still believe in the beauty of people.
The girl with the daffodils wishes her birthday would be over already. She hates this particular day.

0 comments: